We are proceeding (very cautiously!) with certain events going forward. In order to make this work, we will be allowing a very small number of participants at each event. We will need your cooperation in only signing up for events you can truly commit to attending. If you miss out on registering please get yourself registered on the waitlist. We also ask for everyone's cooperation and patience as we all adjust!
Prior signing up and attending, please review the questions below:
- Do you have any symptoms of fever, cold, flu or other illness (fever, cough, breathing difficulty, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, etc.)?
- Have you had contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms?
- Have you had contact with anyone awaiting a test result?
- Have you had contact with anyone confirmed positive?
- Have you traveled out of province in the last 14 days?
Event leaders will ask the above questions prior to beginning the event. A “yes” response to any question will result in not being allowed to participate. Please be honest and help to protect each other. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
The following safety practices will be observed at our events:
- We will follow safe distancing practices as a group and on the trails, and not congregate as a group
- Activities will take place outdoors and there will be no carpooling
- You are welcome to wear a mask (masks can protect others from being infected by the wearer)
- We ask if you sign up and develop any symptoms before the start of the event that you do not come to the event and, let the event leader know as soon as possible so someone else can join the event
We also ask that you always:
- Fuel up before leaving home so that you do not have to visit any vendors local to the trails we are on;
- Pack out what was packed in and leave no trace;
- Only visit local health centres or other local vendors if it is an emergency
- Wash your hands regularly and bring your own hand sanitizer and other personal hygiene products
Manitoba pulled together and was able to get ahead of COVID-19. Let’s continue to be vigilant even as we start seeing reduced public health orders and enjoy our great outdoors responsibly!